Thursday, October 22, 2009

The End of Nausea?

October 18, 2009

Slowly, it seems the nausea is subsiding. It's strange. A couple days ago, I woke up and didn't wish I could just die, even though I hadn't eaten anything for about 10 hours. But I am still nauseated by lotion smells. It was about a week ago that I could start to smell different foods without wanting to die. That was amazing. There are still some foods that make me sick, though, but I'm pretty sure it's just the foods I didn't like the smell of before. But today, I wake up and I'm hungry and I have to go potty and I'm so hungry because I haven't eaten in 12 hours so I'm feeling a bit sick, but it's nothing I can't handle. It's not an overpowering nausea that deters me from eating any and all food--it's an aching hunger so eating seems the natural solution (unlike that stupid all-day morning sickness where food is the only thing that helps but is the most repulsive thing on earth). It feels great.

If only I could find something appetizing.

That's the strange thing. I used to only want to eat the same thing every day for months--spaghetti, curry, different types of Indian foods, soup and sandwiches, or whatever. And then I would make it and eat it for months and then change to a new thing. But now, I find it really hard to eat the same thing twice in a row. I made amazing blueberry pandacakes yesterday for breakfast and they were SO good, but I feel so sick of them. I've been trying to make smaller portions of things--going with recipes that make 4 servings (or say they do) instead of my usual 10. But what a recipe says is 4 servings, I've learned is really closer to 6 or 7, and when a recipe says that it makes 12 pandacakes dropped from a 1/4-cup measuring cup, it really means 18, so everyone is a big, fat liar. But Michael has been better about eating leftovers than he's ever been, so we haven't had to throw anything away yet, which is nice.

But I'm hungry now, so I really should eat a little snack so I can eat again before church so I won't have to pop Quaker Oatmeal Squares all through church again this week--I feel bad (especially because I'm still trying to hide it from everyone even though I am CLEARLY in maternity clothes and there is really no doubt about my condition--adorable, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment