Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our First Ultrasound

September 22, 2009

Wow. I can't believe it. On our 37-month wedding anniversary, we went to the dr for our very first ultrasound. What an experience. Because of everything that has been going on, we had no idea when we got pregnant, so we had to go for an ultrasound so they could let us know.

And we are 7 weeks today (according to the ultrasound). We got to see our sweet little baby and see the heartbeat and take a picture home with us to hang on the fridge. Our baby is due May 11. What a wonderful day. I am so excited.

I called my mom and told her first, then my dad called after he got off work and I told him. Then I called Chelsea and talked to her, and then I left a message for Joseph. But I am waiting to call Rachael because of how pushy she has been about it the whole time I've been married. So I'll call her sometime--we'll see. I have to write a note to Grandma Pauliney and Pop-Pop to let them know. We'll tell Michael's parents this weekend, hopefully. If we can't get together with his dad and Laura, we'll have to wait to tell them. But I really want to tell family before I tell any friends, but I don't know how I can keep a secret from Emily because we're carpooling now and I am just ready to burst with excitement! I want everyone to know and be happy for me and excited for the baby, too. When my dad called, he was so excited and he just said "Yes! I am so happy for you" and I could tell he was crying and it made me cry, too. Having everyone be so excited makes all of the horrific sickness seem worth it--and to see the tiny little peanut baby on the ultrasound was so unreal. I'm having a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment