Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crazy Dreams

10/9/09

So, two nights ago, I had the strangest dream. It was in my first session of nightly sleep, the one before I wake up and make sure Michael is home and ready for bed. I dreamt that I had the baby--he was a boy, and we named him what we planned--and I was still pregnant. Then, like two weeks later, we had another baby boy and we waffled about his name. The birth was so fast that I had him at home all by myself, but it wasn't bad. It was actually really easy (wishful thinking?). Then I wrapped up the baby and put him in a clothes basket, because we still hadn't gotten a crib yet. I hadn't paid any attention at all to the older baby because I was still so preoccupied with being pregnant. And, after the second one was born, I thought that maybe it was time to go to the hospital, and, because Michael had already gotten home, we debated going to the emergency room or where we should go.

It was a really strange dream, and when I woke up and told Michael about it, he was certain I thought it was an omen that we're having twins. He looked at me kind of gravely and said, "So, you think we're having twins, then?" And I had to explain to him it was just a dream and that a lot of fears were at play here--being alone when I have the baby, not having a crib for him (or her!), having twins, not necessarily any of which will really happen. I hope none of that happens.

I really enjoy having very vivid dreams. And pregnancy dreams all revolve around the baby, for the most part.

I also had a dream later that night, in my last session of sleep, that Cathy's (Cathy is the really nice girl who lives upstairs) dog Abby died. We didn't know for weeks, but we hadn't heard her, so we asked Cathy how Abby was doing. It was the saddest moment ever. Abby means the world to Cathy and she is a really nice dog. Why would I have such a mean dream? It makes me feel really bad. I don't want to ever tell Cathy that I had such a horrible dream about her sweet puppy. Don't tell Cathy! She is so nice and I love Abby, even when she wakes me up in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment