Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Week 19

So, the photo is going to wait until tomorrow (and, again, sorry about the no photo last week).

I just wanted to take a minute and talk about how excited I am to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I really just can't wait--it's pretty much the most exciting thing ever, and I just hope they can tell us! We go tomorrow, which is pretty early, and I did want to wait until after the holidays, but I'm just so happy and excited to find out--there aren't words. It's not that I want one more than the other or I'll be happier if I have a boy or a girl, it's just so exciting to get to pick out little pink or blue clothes and blankets and accessories and bedding. I just can't wait! Won't that be SO much fun? Tons of little pink things or little blue things. Then my mom will know whether to call the baby Fauntleroy or Thumbelina (because we are still against telling anyone his name before he's born--to minimize the judging all of the judgers in the world do--once he's born and you meet him, you'll fall so in love, who will care if his name is Juggernauseous?).

Being pregnant has been so much fun so far, even though I am getting bigger every day and I already have that silly little waddle going on when I walk, even though my back is constantly hurting and there is nothing I can do to alleviate the pain, even exercise and stretching doesn't really seem to help.

At work, I am fine for the first two hours of the day, but then my body gets so restless--sitting is pure torture. I feel bad getting up every time I want to--especially since I have nothing to do--I just want to walk around. My poor back and legs are so tired when I am sitting down, like they are cramping up and will shrivel and die, but I totally feel like I could walk forever.

But feeling the baby wiggle and move around is the most amazing feeling--so fun and exciting and cute. Guys, I seriously have the cutest baby in the world. On Friday, at the Festivus celebration for work when we went to Joel's show, he was as still as can be until the first time they blasted the music, then he shot straight up and headbutted me. It was sweet. Too cute that the sudden burst of loud music startled his tiny little ears. It's amazing to think that he can already hear and perceive what's going on around him while we've still got over half the pregnancy to go. He's just so little and tiny and so sweet and cute and well-mannered. Maybe he really is a she?


No comments:

Post a Comment