Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas 2009 (the Preparation)

Guys, I love Christmas SO much! Especially the lights, the tree, the songs, the wrapped gifts, the fudge, the cookies, the peppermint ice cream, the treats, the feeling of utter bliss all day every day, the smell of cloves and cinnamon simmering on the stove, the hot apple cider, the fun Christmas movies, oranges and clementines, and everything else about the happiness and warmth of the season. I just love it. Yesterday, Michael let me get more Christmas lights so we can seriously have them all over our house--we didn't have enough to cover our room and I love to have Christmas lights in my room (because I'm an adult and I can do what I want, dangit!). I know that Michael hates it because I fall asleep with the lights on and then he has to unplug them, but I just love it so much. It's so nice of him to suffer through that so I can be happy and amused.

We also bought our tree yesterday. It is the cutest tree alive. It's so little and ugly. Not the ugliest tree we've had (not by a long shot), and we had to cut off the ugliest branches so it would fit in the bucket (because it's too skinny for a tree stand, of course), so it's not the most excited I've been about a tree in my live, but I just love it so much! I love that we have a tree already. We haven't put the baby candy canes on it yet, but we will probably do that tonight. We did buy the baby candy canes, though, and I am secretly hoping we have enough left over for me to play with and crush up in my cocoa.

My baby brother hung the hooks so we could easily hang the lights--thanks, Joe Joe Bear! So we hung the lights on Sunday and it was just magnificent. I decided against getting out all of my Christmas dishes and things, opting for only the blue Santa and his sleigh that I put on the "coffee table" every year and a couple of snowman bowls I use as candy dishes (because I absolutely adore seasonal candy--seasonal anything, really), oh and I got out a couple of serving plates--to put treats on. I love Christmas treats. I can't wait to make fudge! I am hoping to make two batches of fudge this year. But that is a lot of fudge in just one month. The other batch will probably just have to wait until year (or whenever I feel like it is justifiable to make some more again). I mean, there are neighbors who love fudge, family who loves fudge, coworkers who love fudge, and I'm sure a little tiny baby calling out to me for fudge right now, so I am not worried about there being enough mouths to eat it. Yum!

I haven't started simmering the cloves and cinnamon on the stove yet, but I can't wait to feel like I'll be home for long enough to enjoy it! Right now, with working 50 hours a week, I just feel like it would be wasting the Christmas joy to spend the time and ingredients right now. But soon. I just know it.

Cocoa every day and eggnog and cider. I love everything. And I am so happy that it's Christmastime.


No comments:

Post a Comment