Thursday, December 24, 2009

Kicking

I've been feeling the baby moving and kicking for weeks now, which is really fun. But, finally, Michael and I were in the right place at the right time (and both awake and lucid enough) for Michael to get to feel him kick. It is really sweet. I mean, he can only feel the strongest kicks right now, the ones that are definitely kicks. And I guess he could barely feel it, but he felt a couple of kicks before we went to sleep last night. It was funny how the baby would stop kicking as soon as I was confident they were strong enough for Michael to feel them--he's done that for a few days now--Michael suggested that his touch was just so soothing to the baby and made him stop kicking for a minute. But last night, Michael finally caught him in the act. It's really an amazing thing to share.

The baby is usually only active a couple times a day--about an hour or two or so after I wake up (both times) and sometimes a little before I go to bed (the first time--and the second, I guess, but it's the same thing as after I wake up). I go to bed at like 7:45-8:30 and then wake up at about 11:30-12:30 and am up for a few hours, then I go back to sleep and wake up around 5-6. Sometimes he starts kicking sooner, and sometimes he waits a little longer, but he's not usually too active at other times of the day so far, but we have plenty of time for him to change his sleeping habits. I wonder if I change mine (which I am completely incapable of doing) if he would change his. He's such a cute little boy. So adorable and sweet and good and well-mannered and respectful and gentle and loving and all of those other traits you would expect from the most amazing, advanced child alive.

It's amazing to watch my family grow (cheesy, but true, and I'm not apologizing).


2 comments:

  1. The baby is kicking?! NO WAY. Next time, yell so I can feel! Unless you think that'd be weird or unprofessional behavior in the workplace...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well, it's usually really hard for other people to feel the baby kicking. I feel it all the time, but he usually only kicks hard enough for other people to feel it later in the day. When he gets big enough and kicks hard enough, I'll totally yell you over to my desk so you can feel it. It's really cute.

    And totally appropriate in a professional workplace environment.

    ReplyDelete