Monday, May 4, 2009

So, about Easter...

What a slacker I am turning out to be. I cannot believe I missed telling you about the best holiday (as far as tasty candy goes) of the year! Easter totally rocked this year. Michael did such a good job, choosing only the best, most delicious treats. Cadbury mini eggs, Hershey's Cadbury mini-egg-wannabes (which are really exceptionally delicious), three different chocolate bunnies, Reese's eggs, Rolos in Easter-colored wrappers, dark chocolate peanut M&Ms (needs a little work with this one), robin eggs (I can't seem to get enough of these delicious little things!), and Cadbury eggs in original, caramel, and orange crème flavors, all in a beautiful Easter basket with pink grass! I am still eating delicious Easter treats. This is, by far, the best Easter I can remember (as far as tasty treats go). I don't have to share them. I did, however, give Michael the obligatory marshmallow egg or whatever, because ew.

My candy stash is very well supplied now for weeks to come. It's wonderful. And I am so happy about it. Easter is truly the best holiday for candy.

I keep the basket in my bedroom and put it on the bed so I can eat treats while I read before bed. Not so good for my teeth, but so good for my tummy. The plus side to having treats in bed is that I am reading again. It's a really great book that Michael makes fun of every time he sees it because it's a cheesy novel by a cheesy mystery writer. But her editor is good--in the 70 pages I've read so far, I've only caught a few things I would change for grammatical correctness. Really well done. Some of the writing is super cheesy, but I just love it. It's a great story. I do love mysteries--whodunits. They are so great. And so is Easter candy. I especially love falling asleep with a book and a basket of candy that Michael has to clear off the bed so he can lie down. I don't know why I get so much joy out of that.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm you are making me want Easter candy...and we ran out at work!

    ReplyDelete