Thursday, May 7, 2009

And my birthday…

I can't believe that I didn't say anything about my birthday, either. I love my birthday SO much. I am a little bit of a fanatic. Every year, I try so hard not to mention it, but I am just so excited that it's all I can talk about for weeks beforehand. I feel like such a five-year-old about my stupid birthday (I don't really mean stupid, because my birthday is easily the coolest day of the year). I always say, "I love my birthday" in a way that reminds me of when sweet little Elena Vargas turned five. It was on a fast Sunday and she got up and bore her testimony and said, "I want to bear my testimony and today is my birthday and I turned five and I love my birthday." That is how I feel about my birthday. I just love it so much! And I can't help it. I get so excited like the sun rises and sets for my birthday and my birthday alone.

This year, I finally got a beautiful birthday cake. It was waiting for me when I got home on Tuesday evening (April 28th, the day before my birthday). And I got a wonderful card from Michael that came with a huge button that says "Another Year Sexier" that I totally wore to work (and left on my desk) on Thursday the 30th (when we celebrated at work). I had Wednesday off (hooray my Special Person Day!) and it was a great day. Michael took me to get a massage and we ate cake and treats all day and then had soup and sandwiches for dinner (because that is what I've been wanting for weeks--and I can't stop eating that for lunch and dinner practically every day!).

So my birthday was awesome. We took a long walk in the middle of the day and it was so nice outside--there was fresh-cut grass (which Michael is allergic to but he toughed it out for me because I love the smell so much) and we got to explore our neighborhood. It was just a really nice, relaxing day. My massage was so good. I wish it lasted more than an hour, though, and I already need another one.

I sang "happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday, dear Amanda, happy birthday to me" all throughout my shower. But it's really echoey in there, so I tried to sing really quietly. I got some really great gift cards from Michael's family (and cash from his mom "so [I] can buy whatever gift card I want"). And I got a ton of emails from people I hadn't heard from in a long time (and a couple people I didn't know) thanks to my mom announcing to everyone that it was my birthday. Thanks, Mom.

But it's my golden birthday, which only comes around once in a lifetime, so it was really great to get to celebrate so much. I just love my birthday! I can't wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment