Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Taking a Breath

I have decided to step back from my huge curtain project for a moment so I can catch my breath. I put away the curtain panel this weekend and worked on a couple of other things. And, my, did I get a lot done! I mean, I've been working on the curtains for over two months. It is time for me to be able to work on something else, but I think my little fingers were a little too excited to work on something that actually showed progress readily.





**********Christmas Spoiler**********




I started the scarf to match the adorable hat I made for Jessica. I finished all of the knitting, too, I just have to graft the two ends together and then block it. But I am saving all of the blocking for the end, I think. I also started and finished two pair of cable slipper socks. They are adorable. I have decided to make them for everyone for Christmas next year (it will be a lot easier for me to make them for everyone and be done and able to work on other projects, too). I mean, I'll have to think of something else to do for the ones who are getting cabled slippers this year, but my projects for next year will only take about a month or so of serious knitting and then I'll be able to work on the charity project my family is doing.

This year, I am just having to work way too much on Christmas projects. That is all I've done, except for my curtains. I worried about being able to finish everything by Christmas, but I think that I don't really have anything to worry about. I mean, the socks that I was planning on making for my dad may have to wait, but as long as I get the tie done in time, I think it will be fine. I'm going to send the gifts out a little before Christmas, and I just can't wait for the tie. I finally found a pattern that doesn't look so stupid. Most hand-knitted ties look ridiculous and stupid, and I am so glad that it looks like a normal tie. I ordered a gorgeous Bordeaux kettle-dyed merino wool/nylon blend for the project, and I just can't wait--it's going to be so beautiful. I think it will look great and so elegant with a navy blue or black suit.





**********End Christmas Spoiler**********




While all this knitting is going on, I finished watching The Pretender and started watching The Practice. I really like the show, but it's only three seasons and I'm already into season 2 (the first season was only six episodes long). I want to see how many seasons of how many shows it takes me to work on the curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment