Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bordeaux Kettle- Hand-dyed Sock Yarn

So what that I have four unfinished projects waiting for me on the coffee table? The yarn just came in the mail today and I am so excited, I just can't wait to use it! I love the feel, I love the color, I love everything about it! So, here comes some freaking awesome socks and look out World! (if only they were for me...).

I would start making the matching tie, but I just realized that I don't have size 1 circular needles and I can't wait the insane amount of time it would take to put real clothes on and go to the store and then find them (if they have them--which usually they don't) and then come all the way home. I can't believe I took so much time to even post before using it. I am looking at it right now and taking little second-long breaks to touch it. I just love the color. I love the inconsistencies that come from the kettle-dying process. Oh, it's just gorgeous! And it feels great. I could cuddle up and sleep with it! It almost makes me want to learn to spin and dye yarn of my own...

I am so excited, I just can't stand it!

No comments:

Post a Comment