Thursday, July 9, 2009

Knitting Night

Thursday was my very first knitting group. It was a blast. I had two friends over and we talked, ate, and had a great time.

Nina brought her husband along--she just had surgery and can't drive yet, which was fun. I really enjoyed getting to visit with him for a minute, but I was just so excited to see Nina and Lynnette again. We had a great time. It was so fun to catch up. Everything is going so well with Nina--she's so happily newly wed. Lynnette is suffering from the downturn in the economy (as are many of us), but she's got a great outlook on life still.

Lynnette and I worked on casting on and basic garter stitch. It was really fun, and next time, Nina should be able to join us. That will be great. I can't wait.

I had such a great time that I'm thinking of doing other monthly groups--girls getting together to do crafty crap. It will be the same thing I do every day, but with more human interaction. That sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment