Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things I Love about Work (there are a lot, I promise!)

I guess I feel like I have to explain that I really do love my job. I promise. It isn't the work, necessarily, and it certainly isn't the upper management. It's all of the kids I work with. I love all of the people who work in our office room. We work in a room inside of the warehouse and we have a lot of opportunities for bonding. If nothing outside of our room existed, we would have the greatest time at work.

Joel will give us an Aicha All-request Power Hour a couple times a week. It starts with Gellieman singing "Aicha" and ends with Liam Lynch singing "United States of Whatever" and in the middle are all of the songs we can think to request. They usually have a theme--which is so much fun. I love the themes of the Power Hours. And I am always so impressed with the musical knowledge in our room. Those are good times.

We have potlucks and treats all the time. It was easier when there were fewer of us, but we would always have someone carry in treats and we have potlucks quite frequently. More recently, we've been having themed potlucks. Oktoberfest (lots of delicious German food), soup potluck-amazing!, and a cookie potluck were a few of the things we've done. And I love the assortment of treats we always have.

Watching things with snaps. Not all of us have speakers/sound on our computer, so we will watch things with snaps. We will all queue up whatever youtube video we choose to watch and Jordan snaps out the rhythm and we all click "play" together and Joel will use his speakers. In the month of October, we watched so many episodes of the Haunting. Really good stuff. We watch music videos, clips of reality shows, cooking shows. If there is something to watch, I love watching it with snaps.

Pictures of kittens/puppies/other baby animals get passed around all day every day. I have seen some really adorable things. Cuteoverload.com is now a frequent stop for me.

It is important to always check my horoscope--how else would I know that Mark is going to come down to the warehouse today? Or that if I were running for president today, I would be elected on the spot?

I have learned more about pop culture than I ever cared to know. Tacky Paris Hilton, the misunderstood Britney Spears, the diva Mariah Carrey, any new movies that are coming out, basically any wayward popstar there is to know about, I hear about at work. And I love every moment of it.

There are so many other things that I just love. It would be impossible to encapsulate the joy of working at Overstock.com in just one short post.

No comments:

Post a Comment