Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Provisional Cast-on

That’s right. You heard it here first. I learned to do a provisional cast-on. And, what’s more, it worked! I picked up the stitches again with no problem. I thought it would be so hard because it’s an “advanced” technique, but wow, was it ever easy! I am so proud of myself. I am just so good at this game!


I am knitting a bamboo corset-style tank. I think I’m going to have to take it apart and redo it. I’m following the pattern (with minor size adjustments because I’m so little), but it’s still huge! I couldn’t find the yarn I was supposed to use because it doesn’t exist anymore. But now, I’m almost halfway done (hence using the stitches from the provisional cast-on) and I am really seeing that It seems like it will be big. But it is so beautiful and soft. It’s lotus pink Bernat bamboo yarn--86% bamboo with a little acrylic and polyester. I could just touch it all day. I’m really excited to finish the project. Especially since it will be the very first thing I’ve made for myself that I will ever wear. And I think I will wear it a lot. I wear tanks every day, and this one would probably be my Saturday tank. And I learned shaping and provisional cast-on--things that are so useful in everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment