Monday, April 23, 2012

Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese

This is the week of grilled cheese and tomato soup.

I love soup SO much. I cannot express that enough. And I've been wanting grilled cheese all the time. Nothing like grilled cheese and tomato soup.

I had the excellent idea of trying new tomato soup recipes all week. I'm thinking I'll get to try about four before the week is over and Michael's patience with this theme is expended.

I wasn't supposed to start the week of grilled cheese and tomato soup until today, but I was too excited, so I started last Friday. I LOVE grilled cheese and tomato soup.
The first recipe I tried is right here. Michael and I both agreed that we are excited to try the next one. Not that this one was terrible, but it just wasn't what I was hoping for at all.
The second one is one I can make in the Crock Pot (and I have been cooking it all day). It smells a little too much like spaghetti sauce, but I have great hope for it because I haven't put the finishing touches on it yet. Instead of a gallon of fat, though, I am going to use either evaporated milk or just half skim/half whole milk. I haven't decided yet.

What a wonderful week! I can't wait for Michael to get home from work so we can have some grilled cheese with this new (hopefully improved) tomato soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment