Friday, May 20, 2011

Rock's First Birthday Party

Lots of friends came. We had so much fun. Of course, it started late because people got really lost on the way. I don't know why "I live in the airport" can't mean "park in that huge airport parking lot," but it never seems to mean that. When we have people over more often, it will get easier, I'm sure, and maybe things can start on time.







I made a beautiful tractor cakewreck with a field cake for everyone. For Rock (and my diabetic dad), I made a mild apple spice cake with homemade applesauce, almond flour, and fresh whipped cream. Yum!



I was a little surprised Rock still fits into the shirt and overalls that my mom and dad got him for Christmas, but he does. It's still so cute. We had to change him into short overalls after the cake because he had cake ALL over his pants. So cute.








I loved the tractor theme. I can't wait to have another tractor party. Maybe two.

2 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! My nephew once has a tractor theme b-day. I think it's adorable. Is is mad his hands are dirty in the last photo? CUTIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really funny. He got so upset after he realized smashed his cake and he was all dirty, but he had a pretty fun time doing it.

    ReplyDelete