Friday, May 6, 2011

Catching up on Rock's First Year

Somehow, the time has just flown by. So much has happened in the last little while. We've moved to a cute apartment where my friend, Joel, used to live. Since we moved, Rock has started scootching, rolling over like a pro, talking and blabbering, pulling himself up by himself, pointing out objects and pictures, growling like a lion, asserting himself at bedtime, showing distinct likes and dislikes for food, taking food out of his mouth to play with it and spitting it out when he doesn't like it, and, just today, crawling like a baby with his belly off the floor. I can't believe how his development has skyrocketed. He got his first haircut on his first birthday, and I really can't believe how big my baby is. He's such a big boy. It's crazy how I am just watching him grow into the grownup he's going to be. I mean, he's still not quite there yet, no matter how hard he tries to insist, but still.

On Wednesday evening, we were in the car after visiting my friend, Lori, and her family because they won't be able to make it to Rock's birthday party, and Rock was happily chattering in the car. He stopped and said "goo goo gaa gaa" and then was silent for a little minute. Too cute! Somehow, he knew that I was lamenting the loss of his babyhood and decided to pretend to be a baby. What an adorable, empathetic, sweet, kind boy Michael and I have been blessed with.

Here are just a few of the highlights from the last year (a VERY few...there is so much and it's so hard to choose the couple of images to encompass the first year of Rock's life):
I guess they are in no particular order. I'm not sure how that happened.













































1 comment: