Friday, March 27, 2009

Update on TV:

So, as I've been working on a million projects, I have been watching a ton of TV. I've caught up on all of the TV shows (at least through the middle of March, so I'm not more than two weeks behind on any show--what an accomplishment) and I've watched The Pretender through season 2. And I learned there are at least four seasons. I'll have to look it up and see how many there really are. The last few episodes of season 2 were much better than the really formulaic beginnings of the show. It's intense and (I don't remember if this is really true or if I just want it to be true so desperately that I don't remember the real truth) I can't always predict exactly what will happen. I mean, the guys who just never die are finally dead and you can't pretend that maybe they didn't really die anymore. I'm actually excited to start season 3, which is much different from how I felt going into season 2. Don't tell Michael, but I was a little bored by how repetitive the storyline was and how Jarod said the same thing every time--"when I was young, I was taken from my family, blah, blah, blah, and now I'm still searching for them"--I mean, I still enjoyed it, but it just wasn't the same as some shows that are like a book you just cannot put down. This was more like a text book you trudge through because you're going to have a test on it. Except there was no test, just so much knitting to get done that it didn't really matter what I watched.

Sometime last week or the week before, I finished watching CSI season 1 and I just started season 2. It's awesome when I see episodes that I remember watching on TV years ago. It's crazy to think that the show started almost 9 years ago.

I am really enjoying Lie to Me and Michael is enjoying it, too. He only watched the first episode and then clips of others, but I really love when he'll take a second and watch it with me. Too bad no one at work watches the show.

Along with all of the TV shows, I've also been watching my fair share of movies. After the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes escapade, I've since watched some really good movies, the names of which I have long since forgotten. Sorry. But I do remember that I watched Someone Like You and Picture Perfect, both of which I absolutely adore. I love movies that I can watch over and over again. Thinking about watching movies makes me want to run home and watch more movies right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment