Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Curtains?

It's official. We're moving. It's kind of exciting, really. But the most exciting part right now is that I get to start a new project. I'm knitting lace curtains for our living room window. It's just a small window, but it is a huge project. I chose the pattern from a pretty lace scarf I found online. It's a fairly simple pattern, and I'm hoping it will turn out great. I'm using cotton crochet thread and size 2 knitting needles, so it is going to take forever. I'm going to knit them in two panels and it's taken about 15 hours to knit about an inch of the first panel. It doesn't look super awesome yet, but I think it'll look better once it's blocked.

So, in the meantime, we're packing and slowly moving as we count the days until we are completely moved. There is so much to do still. We've barely started packing. Well, that is a lie. I haven't packed anything except a box of shoes. Michael has packed the DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes, and some books. That is nice.

We signed the contract on Saturday and got the key. Right away, we went to look at it again and take a couple of boxes. They recently painted and everything, so the floors are all dusty and need to be mopped. But that isn't a big deal at all. So, Saturday, we took over just a couple of boxes and a little bit of food (lettuce and feta cheese and other salad treats) and we ate lunch there. It was so fun. I measured the window width, but I couldn't measure the length because it is pretty high.

I've paused all other projects for the time being while I'm working on the new curtains. I've never tried anything like this before, and it's going to be great. The curtains don't really match the tile flooring, but they are the prettiest shade of pink, so they will just look adorable from the outside. And I've decided that hand-knitted lace is so crazy hard. I just hope the finished, blocked project is everything I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment