Friday, August 19, 2011

OnTrac Update (OnTrac Still Sucks)

Four phone calls later, on hold for a total of about 1.5 hours, and they are finally going to "error out" the delivery time. The driver is only 26.75 hours late. This is ridiculous. There is no new ETA, but the last supervisor I spoke to said that it looks like the driver "misdelivered" the package. How on earth did two other guys get here perfectly fine JUST TODAY and he has taken the last 30+ hours to find where I live? This is the company that keeps perfect directions for my address in the computer system--down to the last turn, things I don't even know. The last thing it says is IN THE SKYPARK AIRPORT UP THE OUTDOOR STAIRCASE ON THE SIDE FACING THE STREET.

I sent an email to Diapers.com about the package and someone called me right back! It was crazy. The girl was so nice and she said that they could change me over to a national shipper, just that my future orders would take a day longer. Who cares if it takes a day longer as long as it actually gets here when it says it will? She said that regional shippers are faster than national. I think the regional shippers just fudge their numbers so they LOOK like they are faster. They are not faster nor are they better. Just better at lying. So often, the package says it was delivered hours and hours before it's ever delivered.

The girl at Diapers.com told me a different story than I heard any of the four times I called OnTrac--how many lies can they tell? Did they lie to her, too? All that I know is that the package finally says that it hasn't been delivered yet and, if they can't deliver it tonight, Diapers.com is going to have them send the package back and they'll send me a new one from a national shipper (I have my fingers crossed for UPS).

No comments:

Post a Comment