Friday, August 19, 2011

Ode to OnTrac (OnTrac sucks)

I can't believe I'm saying this, but OnTrac is even worse than FedEx. I know, crazy. Usually, OnTrac's online tracking system will say that my package was delivered at 5 or 6 or 7:30 PM and my package won't be here until 10 or later at night, sometimes at crazy hours in the morning. But when my package still wasn't here in the morning, I called the customer service. They WOULDN'T change the delivery time to show that my package hadn't arrived yet--they just promised the driver would "come back" (as though he had been here in the first place) and deliver the package by 5PM. Then, I get a package from OnTrac at 11:31 AM. It's not the one I was expecting, so I call to see what is going on with the first package. I was assured the package would be here by 5 and the other one must have gone with another driver.
I wait until 5:27 to call back, even though I got ANOTHER package from OnTrac at 3:30pm. I don't usually get three packages in one day, let alone three from OnTrac. I avoid everyone who isn't UPS if I can help it. But today was a crazy day. So I call back and I'm on the phone with some nice, but totally unhelpful guy. I was super polite and finally asked to talk to a supervisor. But what on earth is up with THREE drivers all coming to my apartment in ONE DAY? Seriously? How ludicrous is that? Why on earth would you not have a set route for a driver to minimize costs?
Anyway, I was finally connected to a supervisor and she wouldn't change the site to show that the package hadn't been delivered yet. Why on earth not? IT HASN'T BEEN DELIVERED YET! The proof, you ask? I don't have the freaking package. That is how I know it hasn't been delivered. I looked all around--maybe it was left at the front of the building, maybe the guy was too lazy to walk up the stairs and left it in the grass. But no. It's just not here. This is ridiculous. Finally, after being placed on hold again, the supervisor said she talked to the driver and he is running "a little bit late" (try a over day--it was supposed to be here by 5pm yesterday), but he'll be here in less than an hour. So he has 45 minutes before I call back and start hating.

Are they really so dishonest that they just lie about their delivery times to make it look better for their company? I can't believe how upset I am. I think it's the lying that really gets to me. If they would just have the correct delivery time on it (when I actually get the package, and not when the driver needs to say he delivered it so his time looks better than everyone else's), I wouldn't care. It's not that big of a deal that it's taking another day to get this package. I don't need anything in it before tomorrow, or even the next day, so who cares? Why lie about it? Just because it's a small company doesn't mean that OnTrac has the right to falsify information to give them an edge over bigger, more established, infinitely superior companies (re: UPS=the best delivery company alive). OnTrac is deceitful and terrible and they always leave my packages baking in the sun instead of knocking on the door (not even the knock and run like FedEx does). A quick knock just to let me know that it's there is not too much to ask. The UPS guy always waits for me to get to the door and then smiles and hands me my package. I like him. He's nice. His substitute is super nice, too. Both of them are some of the most pleasant guys I run into at my apartment. The OnTrac guys? I don't know. I've never seen any one of them more than once, and I usually don't see them at all.

And now he has 40 minutes. And then I am seriously calling. And I won't be pleasant this time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I work for OnTrac and would like to address your post, please.

    Providing you a positive delivery experience is important and data accuracy is something we take very seriously.

    Please send your tracking number to rob@ontrac.com and I will work with the management team at your local facility to improve our service in your area.

    For privacy reasons, please do not post the tracking number in a post or comment.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete