Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 36

Hooray! The home stretch. The baby is due in just 28 days. Isn't he so adorable?

We haven't gotten any farther in packing our own bags--but I have packed the diaper bag for the trip to the hospital. It has two little blankets and one outfit and two diapers (that we got for free as samples) and some wipes (also free samples) in an adorable Paul Frank wipe case and that is about it. I don't really know what else he'll need at the hospital--they are supposed to have everything there for him.

The baby shower on Saturday was so much fun! I had a blast, and I was amazed at who came. It was nice to have so many of Michael's friends' family there--I didn't expect them to come, or even want to come. But it was great and there was so much good food there. I loved every minute of it. And we got so many homemade blankets--and they are so much nicer than anything you can buy in a store. Bigger, too. I am so excited to get to use everything. I really can't wait. If only this baby would cooperate!

We move in like a week and a half and I have so much packing left to do, I can't imagine getting it all done in time. Good thing I'll still have a day or two after the actual move to finish packing and cleaning and everything. It's mostly just the big stuff that we have to move on the 24th, and I am so glad that we'll have help, because I won't be able to do anything at all.

I don't know how I'm going to make it for the last week and a half of work. My legs are so incredibly swollen and I am gaining so much water weight every day. I hope it's all just water weight! But, considering how much more swollen every part of my body is, it has to be just water weight. I really hope! That will also make it easier to lose later, which is just what I need.

I think he's dropped a little bit this week--I noticed today that he isn't kicking me in the ribs as much as he used to (like yesterday and the day before), which is really nice. I still don't have room for my internal organs, and my "heart burn" (if that's what it is) is still totally in my throat. Please just let him be born with hair! That's all I want right after his being healthy and not too big.

But don't you just love how sweet he is? What a good baby.


(Did you notice how small my paper chains are getting? Yipee! Just eight more days of work! That is the most exciting part ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment