Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 35

Well, another week down. It would be nice if I could go to the dr. just once in these last few weeks and not have some other new complication arise. It's starting to wear on me. I can't wait to just be done with all of this.

But good things are happening, too. I ordered a ton of stuff for the baby and it all came (except for two little things) but now we are all ready for him to come--except for the baby wash and lotion and diaper cream and other bathing and toiletry stuff, but we have diapers and wipes and clothes and blankets and toys and towels and washcloths and lots of love just waiting.

And I only have 13 more workdays until I go on vacation and then I go on maternity leave for 12 whole weeks--that makes 14 weeks of absolutely NO Overstock--no Lacy, no Deborah, no SKUs, no templates. And I can go and visit my friends and we can hang out at Totem's and it'll be fun--like we used to have at work before everything went wrong.

The baby is so squirmy lately--much more active than he used to be. I hear he's supposed to be just as active now that he can't roll around, but he just doesn't stop moving. It's cute, because I can tell his sleep schedule so well (and it isn't between midnight and 5 AM at all). Well, soon he'll be crying at that time and not just kicking me, so that will be ... different. It's funny how ready I am for this to just be over. But we haven't even started our birthing classes (they start tomorrow--and I'm so excited!) and we have so many dr appointments. Thursday, we meet with Dr Lash, but then we can hopefully go back to just seeing Margy. Having to go to a regular OB makes me a little nervous. But Michael will be there for Dr Lash's appointment, and that is good.

We've started packing our hospital bags (I haven't gotten that far yet, and Michael only has the extra batteries in his so far). But it's a start. We still have so much packing and moving to do.

But this week is my baby shower! I can't wait. Everything finally seems like it's happening so fast. In just five weeks, we should have our little baby home with us, if everything goes according to plan--maybe even sooner, which would be so awesome.

But now I'm really starting to worry--what am I going to do with a baby? What if he hates me? What if I don't feed him right? What if he hates the way I change his diaper? Crazy, right? But it doesn't seem that way to me right now. These are all very valid concerns.

However, I am so huge right now, and I just can't wait for this baby to be outside of me instead of squishing me from the inside. That is worth it just by itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment