Saturday, February 6, 2010

Knitting...in the past (and packing)

I really miss knitting. I have so many WIPs that I would love to be working on, but I can't even hold a book for more than 10 minutes because my carpal tunnel is so bad. I will never take my ability to knit for granted ever again if it comes back to me. I will say a prayer of gratitude every day that I am able to sit and knit. (Sure, that is probably a lie, but I really feel it sincerely right now.)

Today is the perfect day for knitting. The sky is just right and I am tired of trying to pack clothes and books to get ready to move. In about a month, we'll actually start moving things. I'm hoping for another easy-ish move.

But my knitting is calling and all I can do is sit and look at my yarn that is waiting to be packed, in the hope that I'll be able to pick it back up in about three months. I have some great projects waiting for me. I'm designing some little pants for our baby--to match the little jacket and hat I made. I would love to finish at least one of my WIPs before the baby is born. I would love to be able to finish Nina's scarf. But it's barely started and it's an intricate pattern. Maybe I'll see if I can pick it up later today when I finish packing my 10 boxes for the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment