Saturday, July 10, 2010

Knitting Again!

It's true, after an almost-six-month hiatus, I am able to knit again. I'm working on a couple of little projects (actually pretty ambitious projects, but I was just so excited to jump right in). The gestational carpal tunnel was the least of my worries during my pregnancy, but I am just SO happy that I am able to knit again. I have a million projects to work on--and I decided to make everyone's Christmas gifts again this year, if I can finish in time.

Here is the coolest wearable thing I've ever made in my life:






A flapper-style dress and matching hat for my new niece, Eliza. It won't fit for a little while, obviously, but it's just so cute and I'm really proud of it. The ruffles are just so sweet. And the little medallions are the perfect finishing touch.
I made it with KnitPicks comfy yarn in flamingo and fedora (the vintage pink is just too beautiful). The patterns are from Tot Toppers--she's got lots of cute stuff, but this set is by far my favorite.


I can't believe I finished it already. And, since then, I've moved on to Christmas again. This time, I'm making something for my own baby:





It totally looks like I made it, obviously, but it's okay. It'll be fun for Rock to play with when he can grab things and play with them. This is just the first piece in a whole transportation set. I still haven't embroidered the spokes on, but, really, whoever thought of making the horrible, slow-going, tedious part last was an imbecile.

But, for the time-being, I have set aside this fun transportation set and am working on some fun socks. I have a ton of sock yarn (maybe not an actual ton, but a significant number of boxes of the stuff) that I have decided I will use before I do anything else. I'm going to start making ankle socks--I, personally, wear those way more than long socks, and they are faster, and they are cheaper to make, so they are just better all-around.

I am currently making a great pair of socks with a cable-needle-less cable pattern for my new sister-in-law. Pictures will follow (if I ever finish this project). Then I am on to my ankle socks! Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment