Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bye, Bye Binky

I don't know why I thought giving up the binky ("ga") would be so easy. He didn't use it a lot when he was really little, and only started using it with real frequency when he was about 9 months old. But he is so attached to that little thing. I am excited to give it up. We've been only letting him have it during naps and bedtime, but he'll sneak it other times. Last night, we slept without it. It's been over 24 hours since he's had his binky, and, other than a few minutes last night where he woke up and missed it, he's done an excellent job. What a sweetie. We've been talking about it (I still don't really know how much he understands) and we got a book from the library about how much better life is once you are no longer dependent on your ga. I'm sure he'll keep doing a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment